5/25/2013

Meguro

[ . BACK to DARUMA MUSEUM TOP . ]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 
Meguro ku 目黒区 Meguro ward

quote
Meguro (目黒区, Meguro-ku)
is one of the 23 special wards of Tokyo, Japan.
It calls itself Meguro City in English.
Meguro hosts fifteen foreign embassies and consulates.

The Higashiyama shell mound contains remains from the paleolithic, Jōmon, Yayoi, and Kofun periods.
The area now known as Meguro was originally two towns, Meguro proper and Hibusuma, all parts of the former Ebara District of Musashi Province. The two were merged into a Meguro ward for Tokyo City in 1932 and since then the ward has remained with no alterations to its territory.
© More in the WIKIPEDIA !

....................................................................................................................................................


. Chayazaka 茶屋坂 Chayazaka "Tea Stall Slope" .
Meguro 目黒区三田二丁目 Mita second district, 中目黒二丁目 Naka-Meguro second district
and the story of - - - - - Meguro no Sanma 目黒の秋刀魚 Sanma fish from Meguro - - - - -

. Chiyogasaki district 千代ヶ崎 "Chiyo peninsula", Lady Chiyo .

. Himonya 碑文谷 Himonya district - Legends .

. Jiyuugaoka, Jiyūgaoka 自由が丘 Jiyugaoka district .

. Kakinokizaka 柿の木坂 / 柿ノ木坂 / 柿木坂 Kakinoki slope district .
"Slope of the Persimmon Tree"

. Kamimeguro, Kami-Meguro 上目黒 "Upper Meguro" district .
Kami-Meguro was home to the hawks and falcons hunting grounds (takajo 鷹所)of the Shogun, first developed by Tokugawa Ieyasu himself, because he was an avid hunter.
takagari 鷹狩り hunting with hawks and falcons


. Komaba 駒場 "Horse place" district .
with hunting ground

. Yanagishima 柳島 Yanagishima district "Island of Willow Trees" .

. Yuutenji, Yūtenji 祐天寺 Yutenji district .

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



歌川広重 by Utagawa Hiroshige - Meguro Fudo


. Meguro Fudo Temple 目黒不動 .
- - - - - and
Joojuu-in 成就院(Tako Yakushi たこ薬師)Temple Joju-In




. Meguro Temple Rakan-Ji 目黒の羅漢寺 500 Arhats .

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::




Meguro Drum Bridge 目黒太鼓橋夕日の岡
Utagawa Hiroshige 歌川広重

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

- - - - - H A I K U - - - - -

栗飯や目黒の茶屋の發句會
kurimeshi ya Meguro no chaya no hokku-kai (発句会)

rice with chestnuts -
the hokku meeting at the tea shop
in Meguro


. Masaoka Shiki 正岡子規 .


. WKD : kurimeshi 栗飯 rice cooked with chestnuts .


Near the present station of Meguro, there used to be a tea shop on the hill, with a view to Mount Fuji.



Fujimi chaya 富士見茶屋 "tea shop to view Mount Fuji"

Its speciality was sweet sake (amazake 甘酒) rice with bamboo shoots (takenoko gohan 筍飯) and, you guess it, kurimeshi 栗飯.





. Edo no takenoko 江戸の筍 bamboo shoots in Edo .

....................................................................................................................................................


歩き出す今日は目黒の祭かな
arukidasu kyoo wa Meguro no matsuri kana

they start walking -
today is the festival
in Meguro . . .


Kishimoto Naoki 岸本尚毅 (1961 - )

Meguro has a few famous festivals during the year.


quote
寺・神社の祭礼等の一覧表
寺社名 所在地 期日
瀧泉寺 目黒区下目黒三丁目20番26号 毎月28日が縁日
「甘藷まつり」は10月28日
八雲氷川神社 目黒区八雲二丁目4番16号 1月・5月の19日、9月の第3土曜日・日曜日
「剣の舞」は9月
碑文谷八幡宮 目黒区碑文谷三丁目7番3号 9月中旬
「桜まつり」は、桜の開花期間中
大鳥神社 目黒区下目黒三丁目1番2号 9月9日に近い土曜日・日曜日
(剣の舞は日曜日のみ)、11月の「酉の市」
上目黒氷川神社 目黒区大橋二丁目16番21号 8月の第4土曜日・日曜日
天祖神社 目黒区上目黒二丁目32番15号 9月第1土曜日・日曜日
中目黒八幡神社 目黒区中目黒三丁目10番5号 9月の第3土曜日・日曜日
十日森稲荷神社 目黒区中央町二丁目17番15号 10月第1土曜日・日曜日
烏森稲荷神社 目黒区上目黒三丁目39番14号 9月の第3土曜日・日曜日
熊野神社 目黒区自由が丘一丁目24番12号 9月の第2土曜日・日曜日
北野神社 目黒区青葉台一丁目16番2号 9月の第3土曜日・日曜日
高木神社 目黒区南二丁目1番40号 9月中旬
source : www.city.meguro.tokyo.jp/gyosei


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::



:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


. Japanese Legends - 伝説 民話 昔話 – ABC-List .

Shrine Ikejiri Inari Jinja 池尻稲荷神社



Inari no tatari いなりの祟り the curse of Inari
A man named 八郎右衛門 Hachiroemon liven here in the Edo period. All villagers were worshippers of the Inari Shrine and believed that the Inari Fox Deity would punish them if they did not behave well. Once Hachiroemon was disrespectfull during the New Year rituals and when he came home, his wife was bewitched by a fox. Hachiro wanted to help his wife and tried to locate the fox, even destroying a small sanctuary in the compound. The fox came out and apologized and took away the curse of the Shrine.


- quote -
Ikejiri Inari Jinja
東京都世田谷区池尻2-34-15
The shrine history tells us that it was founded during the Meireki Period (1655-1657) and served as the tutelary deity of the then Ikejiri and Ikezawa villages. Reflecting the powers attributed to it, it was worshipped as the Inari of both Protection from Fire and of Child Rearing. During the Edo Period, the shrine was well known for its
“Eternal Well,”(涸れずの井戸 karezu no ido) a spring which did not dry up even during the longest droughts. It was situated on what was then known as the Ōyama Kaidō, a main road connecting Akasaka-Hitotsuki Mura, now the area around the Toyokawa Inari Tokyo Betsuin in Motoakasaka, with the Oyama-Afuri Jinja in Iseyama in Kanagawa-ken and which in parts also served as a back road for the Tōkaidō.
The Eternal Well was said to be the first drinking water always available after the road left Akasaka-Hitotsuki and magical powers were quickly attributed to it. So much so in fact that according to the shrine notice board an exhortation from a kami, Yakuriki Myojin (薬力明神), enshrined at Kyōto's Fushimi Inari Taisha,
"Believe in the Kami, pray sincerely three times for recovery from your illness, drink the water of the spring as if it were divine medicine, and you will be cured by a God of Medicine, Yakuriki Myojin"
was given wide circulation.
The water from the spring which fed the Eternal Well is still used in the Temizuya.
- more
- source : Shinto, Rod Lucas -

..............................................................................................................................................

- reference : Nichibun Yokai Database -

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

[ . BACK to DARUMA MUSEUM TOP . ]
[ . BACK to WORLDKIGO . TOP . ]
- #meguro #ikejiri -
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 

No comments: